Positivo Tecnologia is committed to managing environmental aspects related to its operations and services. Priority aspects of environmental management include reducing energy and water consumption, managing solid waste, monitoring air emissions, conducting reverse logistics and complying with legislation. It establishes principles, procedures, standards and criteria related to the monitoring, generation, packaging, storage, collection, transportation, treatment and environmentally sound disposal of waste.
The Company has an Integrated Management System (IMS) that follows the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 in its quality management systems, ISO 14001: 2015 in its environmental management systems and OHSAS 18001 in its occupational health and safety management systems. It also follows the international management standards set by the Code of Conduct of the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA).
Positivo Tecnologia‘s environmental aspects are monitored by indicators, whose management has been consolidated in computerized processes, procedures and systems since 2006, making it easier to track information whenever necessary.
Positivo manages environmental investments and expenses. The main environmental investments are distributed as follows:
|Waste Mitigation Prevention||R$111,371.51||R$55,430.51||R$70,552.78|
Positivo‘s suppliers are monitored and evaluated by the Environmental Performance Index (IDA). This methodology offers an integrated and comparative view of suppliers‘ environmental performance indices through the application of a systemic tool, which provides an environmental diagnosis that can be used to direct action plans towards the sustainability of the chain of custody, minimizing the impacts generated during the life cycle of the Company’s products.
In line with the Company’s environmental management practices, the business strategy considers environmental risks, opportunities, aspects and impacts. Positivo Tecnologia guides its actions by the guidelines, formalized in the Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Management Policy, as listed below:
- Constantly evaluating its management systems in order to promote continuous performance improvements so as to meet and satisfy the expectations and requirements of its customers and other stakeholders by providing high-technology products, processes and services, thus thriving as a company that is aware of its needs, rights and duties;
- Promoting efforts for better environmental performance focused on pollution prevention, sustainable development, efficient use of natural resources and proper waste disposal;
- Identifying, monitoring, assessing and managing risks that may impact the business in order to minimize or eliminate threats and seize opportunities by implementing strategies and initiatives that continually improve quality, health and safety, and environmental performance;
- Establishing efficient communication with internal and external stakeholders;
- Continuously improving the integrated management system by supporting the Company’s strategic direction and purpose;
- Raising employees‘ awareness of the importance of complying with the provisions of this policy, as well as promoting the ongoing review of established quality, environmental and health and safety objectives and goals, acting in an ethical and sustainable manner;
- Continually identifying, assessing and controlling occupational safety and health risks, providing safe working conditions in order to prevent injuries and illnesses related to its activity;
- Meeting the legal requirements applicable to our current activities at the municipal, state and federal levels, as well as other requirements to which the Company may be subject; and
- Promoting necessary corporate social responsibility initiatives in the ethical, social, environmental and economic spheres throughout its value chain and scope of operations.
The goals of the Waste Management Plan are;
- To promote the sustainability of electronic waste management and preserve the environment, contributing to solutions for economic, social and environmental issues.
- To contribute to the elimination of generation, reduction of generation, reuse, recycling and treatment of waste by providing guidance on the correct packaging, storage, collection, transportation, treatment and environmentally sound disposal of waste in compliance with municipal and state management plans and applicable legislation.
- To manage electronic waste, including its separation, packaging, collection, reuse, recycling, treatment and final disposal.
- To systematically introduce activities, procedures, information and strategies integrated with the environmental management system that allow proper reverse logistics for the equipment produced by Positivo Tecnologia S/A.
The Curitiba and Manaus units are certified by ISO 14001: 2015, and their performance in terms of water, effluent, emission, energy and waste is monitored.
The activities are guided by the preservation and protection of the environment focused on pollution prevention, based on Integrated Management System (IMS) guidelines, by managing the significant environmental aspects and impacts and monitoring the legal aspects related to our activities, enabling us to prevent, mitigate and remedy any damage to the environment.
In case of environmental accidents, Positivo Tecnologia has documented procedures to present and remedy any damage to the environment.
The Company adopts internal mechanisms to manage corporate risks of a strategic, operational, regulatory, financial, political, technological and environmental nature. Positivo Tecnologia’s risk management is based on a structured process for recording and controlling corporate risks in line with NBR ISO 9001: 2015 – Quality Management System – Requirements, NBR ISO 14001: 2015 – Environmental Management Systems and ABNT NBR ISO 31000: 2018 Risk Management. It presents seven risk categories, including one related to environmental risk. The steps are based on the established context and criteria, risk identification, risk analysis, causes and consequences, risk assessment, impact versus likelihood, risk treatment, risk recording and reporting, risk monitoring and review, communication and consultation in the understanding and treatment of risks.
In order to formalize the commitment to good work practices, the Company introduced a Code of Conduct, featuring detailed assumptions and policies for all Positivo Tecnologia employees, regardless of position or role.
Positivo declares that it is committed to the responsible procurement of minerals used in its products and refrains from purchasing minerals that may fund, contribute to or facilitate violent or armed conflicts, while also abstaining from purchasing minerals from suppliers who employ child labor in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
In order to ensure that no products purchased have minerals from conflict zones, the Company uses the Supplier Code of Conduct, the Positivo audit checklist) and the Profile Evaluation (Supplier self-assessment checklist).
In the document, the supplier undertakes to comply with the rules and regulations adopted by the Conflict Minerals Policy. In the event that a supplier is unable or fails to comply with the requirements, appropriate steps are taken to replace said supplier with other suppliers who can and do comply with the rule in section 1502 of the Dodd Frank Act, the SEC and the Code of Conduct for Suppliers and Business Partners of Positivo Tecnologia.
Positivo upholds the highest standards of integrity, legality and transparency to ensure that its business is conducted in accordance with the law. The Corporate Corruption Prevention Policy (“Anti-Corruption Policy” or “Policy”) is part of the Compliance Program of Positivo Tecnologia S.A. (“Positivo” or “Company”) and is designed to reinforce Positivo‘s commitment to proactively cooperate to prevent and combat corruption.